Saturday, October 4, 2014

Saturday Update

I've been a dedicated little Weight Watcher-er this week, lemme tell ya.

Wednesday evening my walking buddy, Audra, and I decided to brave a break in the rain and tried to get in our walking that night.

We took all of three steps and the skies broke open with a deluge of rain. This was no gentle misting of rain - oh no - it was an absolute downpour.

Undaunted, we headed on, thinking it would surely pass in just a few minutes.

Not so.

We had to shelter underneath a pavilion, however, it soon became evident that the storm was not going to let up, and so we continued walking.

By the time we finished one mile, we were completely soaked. Wet, and cold, we decided to forego mile number 2, and went home.

We came back the next night, though, and walked 2 more miles.

Wow, what dedication!!
Excuse me while I pat my own back for a minute.

But, because of our extreme dedication, and spending another week of tracking my eating faithfully, let to....

Wait for it.....

Wait....

2.7 pounds gone this week!!

Woo hoo! I made it to my 5% goal, and have now gotten rid of 19 pounds in the last 9 weeks.

Check out that graph!!

I just want to make the point that I haven't "lost" those pounds.

I've gotten rid of them.

I know exactly where those 19 pounds went. They're hanging around the track at the park where I walk 3 days a week. They're sitting on the shelves of the grocery store as I walk past unhealthy choices, and make my way to the produce section. They're at the back of the parking lot where I park my car, so that I have to walk a half mile just to get to the front door (well, it feels like it anyway). They're sitting next to my iPad, where I log what I've eaten and how much every day. And they're on the floor of the kitchen, hanging out where I've said "no" to myself over and over again, going to bed early instead of giving in.

I know where those pounds have gone. They're not "lost" at all.

I've gotten rid of every single one of them through hard work and determination.

No comments: